Teachers can upload a video to an Activity via the Lesson Activity Info Dialog. Teachers and students can view the video on the Code page by clicking “View Video” in the Assignment Panel.
- Great for providing Asynchronous learning opportunities
- Videos are recorded on your own using a software of your choice
- Videos are available for your entire account, not per class. So you need to upload a video once for a given activity, then you can attach it to the given activity on other classes you have set up.
- Once a video has been uploaded it can be viewed on the Code page by clicking “View Video” in the Assignment Panel. The video can be moved and resized.
How to use
Uploading a video
- Upload a video by clicking the Add Video button from the Lesson Activity Info Dialog.
- Select video by selecting from the file system or drag and dropping. Then add a short description (optional).
- Supported file types are .mp4. .mov, .wmv, .avi, or .flv
- Select Upload and wait until the video upload has finished
- Once the video has finished uploading an icon will appear on the Lesson Activity Tile to represent a video being attached to this activity.
Viewing a video
- Teachers and students can view the video on the Code page by clicking on “View Video” in the Assignment Panel.
- NOTE: After a video has been uploaded, it is not immediately available to view. The video still has to process and takes anywhere from 10-20 minutes depending on the size of the video.
- Move or resize the video player to best fit your needs.
Uploading Videos Best Practices
Upload your videos to the TechSmart Platform at least 30 minutes to an hour before it is going to be used to ensure it is available.