The Google Translate Chrome extension allows for quick translations. Simply highlight the text and click on the translate icon to see the text in the language previously chosen. This is fantastic since English is not everyone's first language. Having instructions translated to a user's first language can be incredibly helpful on the TechSmart platform.
- Click on this link to find the chrome extension
- Click the "Add to Chrome" button
- It will ask for permission to install click "Add extension"
- Once Google Translate is installed click on Chrome Extensions Menu by clicking the Puzzle Piece shape highlighted in red below:
- Then pin Google Translate by clicking the Pin shape highlighted in red below:
- Once Google Translate is pinned to the extensions menu there will be access on any Chrome webpage. When clicked there will be a menu that opens up, as shown below:
- The menu allows the whole webpage to be translated or text to be pasted into the white bar and then translated. If a language hasn't been chosen yet and "Translate this page" is selected this bar will appear:
- Clicking the drop-down menu that says "English" in this example will show a menu with all possible languages to choose from. Click on the language that is preferred. All text on the webpage will be translated to that language as soon as it is selected. To revert back to the original click "Show original" just to the right of where the language was selected.