Teachers can view student assignments by selecting a given activity through the Gradebook. Once a student's activity has been opened, as a teacher you can navigate between all students in the class for that assignment whether they have the assignment turned-in or in-progress.
- Use to look through student assignments while they are working on it to monitor progress. Particularly helpful when teaching a in a remote scenario where it is significantly harder to know what students are working on.
- Use to debug a student's assignment by opening the assignment and see their code.or run their program to identify what the bug is.
- Use to grade a particular assignment. Go through the list alphabetically and see who has turned it in and what they coded.
- Use to view a student's work and share it with the class. Open a particular student's activity and drag it to screen that students can view. This can be done to showcase student work or have the class help debug a student assignment.
How to use
Opening a student's activity
- Click on a cell in the Gradebook to open the Assignment Status Details.
- Note: An assignment's status doesn't appear in the gradebook until the assignment has been turned in. If an assignment is In-progress, a teacher can select one of the empty cells and view the assignment following the same steps below.
- Click on "More actions" and if the assignment has been started by the student, you can click "View".
- NOTE: If the status is "Not Started" you will not have the option to view the student assignment..
- The Code page will open with the student's assignment
- NOTE: You will not be able to edit the student's assignment while viewing, but will be able to run their code if available.
Navigate between students
- Click on the student dropdown in the main navigation bar
- Select which student to view for that assignment
- If the assignment has not been opened by the student you will see the not started icon and not be able to open their assignment since they haven't started it yet.
- If the assignment has been opened by the student but not turned in, you will see the in-progress icon . You can open and view an in-progress assignment.
- If the assignment has been turned-in by the student, you will see the turned-in status for that assignment. This will vary depending on which activity type it is. Click here to read more about each Gradebook Status. You can open and view turned-in assignments.
- If an assignment is late a icon appears by the assignment status. An assignment is considered late if it has not been turned-in before it was due (Activities are due the next class day after it was last assigned).