In training, we will use Zoom video conferencing to screen-share instructional content and interact with each other. As we teach, you will complete coding activities as a student on the TechSmart platform in a separate browser window.
Please ensure that you read the list of requirements below that will help to provide an optimal experience during remote training.
- Zoom - We'll be using Zoom as our video conferencing software, as it has a variety of built-in features that support remote learning. Before training begins, please:
- Google Chrome - The TechSmart platform works best on Google Chrome, which you can download here.
- Webcam - Being able to see everyone's face is important to us! Most laptops have a built-in webcam, or you can use a USB webcam.
- Microphone - We want to hear you loud and clear. Most laptops have a built-in microphone, or you may prefer to use earbuds or a headset with a microphone.
- Internet connection - Nothing beats a wired Ethernet connection to provide consistent audio and video. If a wired connection isn't possible, make sure you're in a spot with strong WiFi.
Having the correct screen setup while on Zoom is essential since this will allow you to view any instructional materials being shared by your TechSmart instructor while simultaneously working on the TechSmart student platform.
We suggest using an extra monitor connected to your primary computer or laptop. If you don't have a second monitor, a projector or TV can work as well.
If a dual monitor setup isn't possible, you can Zoom in from a separate device. Laptops, Chromebooks, and tablets all work great for this, just ensure that you're able to download the Zoom app on your device.
For this setup, the computer you use for the TechSmart Platform can be either a desktop computer or a laptop.
You can utilize the split-screen function on your device for single monitor setups.