In addition to new activity types and engagement strategies, the new CS201 course includes some coding concepts that were previously found in later semesters, or are entirely new to the TechSmart curriculum. These Python concepts have been added to increase our coverage of national and state standards, as well as to better prepare students for the PCEP and MTA Python certification exams.
Instruction Activities with New Technical Content
The best way to dive into this new content is to explore the following Instruction and Instruction Practice activities that you'll use in class to teach these same skills to your students.
- Lesson 2 - Libraries and Documentation
- Lesson 3 - Built-in Libraries
- Lesson 2 - Controlling Loops
- Lesson 3 - Classes
- Lesson 4 - Graphics and Text (using the new tsapp library)
- Lesson 5 - Animation
- Lesson 6 - Interaction and Collisions
- Lesson 7 - For-range Loops and Loop Variables
If you have any questions around the new technical content in CS201, or any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via Live Support or email.